Determine which visa option is best for you. We're here to help.

Contact Us Today!

B-2 Visa for Visitors for Pleasure

The B-2 Visa is available for individuals who want to come to the United States or remain in the United States.

When you come to the U.S., if you are granted admission, you typically will be permitted to stay 6 months, with the option of applying for a 6-month renewal for a maximum of 1 year.  If your country has a treaty with the U.S., your B visa may be available for up to 10 years.

If you want to conduct permissible business activities while in the U.S. temporarily then you should enter in B-1 visitor status.

Allowed Purposes

You must not engage in employment or get paid in the U.S. while you are here on a B-2 visa. You are not even allowed to receive room-and-board or pocket change in return for your labor if you are here in B-2 status.

Here are some examples of acceptable reasons for coming to the U.S. on a B-2 visa:

  • Engaging in recreational activities such as tourism and amusement.
  • Visiting friends and relatives.
  • Resting and relaxing.
  • Seeking medical treatment or for improving your health.
  • Participating in service and volunteer activities.
  • Attending a convention.
  • Participating in amateur music or sports events for which you will not get paid.
  • Accompanying an H1-B visa principal if you are a spouse or child eligible for an H-4 visa, but the H-4 is inconvenient or impossible to obtain.

Nonimmigrant Intent

At your B-2 Visa interview and at the airport, border, or other port of entry, you will need to satisfy the U.S. government officer that you have a home in another country and do not intend to abandon it. You must demonstrate that your visit to the U.S. will end after a specific, limited amount of time.


$160: Application Fee

+ Issuance Fee depending on country

Form DS-160: Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application

  1. Complete DS-160 online with a photo.
  2. Schedule an interview at a US Embassy or Consulate.
  3. Attend your interview and bring required documents.
  4. Pay issuance fee and wait for passport processing.

You may not have immigrant intent. Nonimmigrant intent is required. You must plan to return to your home country.

  • Investors
  • Startups
  • Entrepreneurs
  • Businesses
  • Extraordinarily Talented Individuals

Initial Stay: 6 months
Extension: One 6-month renewal, for a maximum of stay of 1 year


Still Need Some Help?

If you need further assistance drop us a line.

In advance, please note: this email is a preliminary contact only. Please do not include any information in this email that you or someone else considers to be secret or confidential. Unsolicited emails containing secret or confidential information cannot be protected from disclosure.

Receive Email Updates!

USCIS Deems Computer Programming Not H-1B Specialty Occupation
Computer Programming Not an H-1B Specialty Occupation

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issued a policy memo stating that computer programming is not considered an H-1B “specialty occupation.”[...]

USCIS Crackdown on H-1B Violations
USCIS to Crackdown on H-1B Violations

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced last week new efforts to crackdown on H-1B violations and abuse. The H-1B[...]

Can I Get an H-1B as a Startup Founder?
Can I Get an H-1B as a Startup Founder?

I frequently get asked this question by aspiring entrepreneurs. The short answer is, yes. If the Alcorn Immigration Law team[...]

Revised travel ban affecting 6 Muslim-majority countries
What Should You Do in the Face of Trump’s Revised Travel Ban?

President Trump signed a new executive order reviving the travel ban. The new ban applies to individuals from the Muslim-majority[...]